Kolhapur Zilla Sahakari Dudh Utpadak Sangh Ltd, well known with its popular brand 'Gokul' is an Operation flood cooperative dairy project established on 16th March 1963. Since then achieved many land marks in milk procurement, extension, animal health, breeding, milk processing, product making and marketing. At present Gokul has modern 17 Lakh Liters/day capacity dairy plant, satellite dairy at udgaon, taluka shirol and 4 owned chilling centers having total 8 lakh liters/day milk capacity with modern packing unit at navi mumbai.
For milk production enhancement in milk shed, we have presently 46 Mobile veterinary routes, 406 cluster A. I.centers, A state of the art new 450 MT/day capacity cattle feed plant with popular ‘Mahalaxmi’ brand which is operational at kagal-hatkanangale five star MIDC since march 2011. The old cattle feed plant at mudshingi, taluka karveer with 200 MT/day capacity is running simultaneously. With the assistance of NDDB Gokul started total milk ration (TMR) project of 50 MT/Day capacity. at mudhsngi plant from 07 December 2018. During year 2022 gokul started manure management project of 5 MT/day capacity with the input from 120 flexi bio gas units with the assistance from sustain plus energy foundation ( Tata trust ) and NDDB.
Awards and Special Features
- Gokul received “Sahakar Bhushan” award, 3 times from Government of Maharashtra.
- NDDB Excellence Award - for highest number of functional women dairy cooperative societies
- Dairy plant holds Food Safety Management System Certificate ISO 22000:2018.
- Cattle Feed Plant of 450 MT/Day capacity holding ISO 9001:2015 and Certificate.
- Government of Maharashtra 'Energy Saving Award' in Dairy vertical - 7 times winner.
- Union continue renewal of Export Inspection License for Product Exports.
- Winner of National Productivity Awards- 14 times during year1988 to 2006.
- Gokul bags PATENT for its innovation Milk Replacer.
- We pay back 76 to 82% for every sale rupee generated in form of price and services to the milk producer.
- Received 'Q'uality mark certificate from NDDB
- Turnover for financial year 2022-2023 is Rs. 3420 crores.(provisional)
- Milk handled during year 2022-23 in dairy plant - 48.21 crore liters
Few of our popular schemes
- Unique female calf rearing scheme.
- Provident fund scheme for milk producer.
- 'Farmers' Insurance package scheme.
- Implementation of Clean milk production program
- Open shed concept
- Bag silage concept to improve quality of fodder.
- Gokul Shri competition for Buffalo and Cow Milk.
- Milk collection through BMC units at 57 places
- Woman Dairy Cooperative Leadership Development Program.
- Micro training centers at 4 places in district - one day onsite training to milk producer by progressive farmer at milk shed.
- Self help groups and Biogas schemes for benefit of women milk producers